haw Engineering has successfully provided consulting services to clients seeking engineering expertise in planning, design and execution of numerous public works and private projects throughout northern Nevada and California for over three decades. Shaw Engineering has gained a reputation as the local leader and expert in providing water works systems, water reclamation facilities, flood control engineering, pool hydraulic systems, civil engineering and construction administration.
Innovation, creativity, cost effective solutions, and exceeding client expectations are the hallmarks of Shaw Engineering’s success. Examples include:
- Developed and created some of the first water system computer models for Nevada water utilities and communities.
- Evaluated and recommended one of the first sequential batch reactor processes to be installed in the western United States.
- Creatively and effectively integrating new materials, such as HDPE pipe into conventional water and wastewater applications.
- Evaluating and implementing new trenchless technologies for utility rehabilitations and replacements.
- Providing cost saving ideas for implementing storm water runoff Best Management Practices, including the first installation of a new high capacity storm water infiltrator system in the Tahoe Basin.